I didn’t start to love coleslaw until a few years ago. I think I was always eating the wrong kind of coleslaw. You know what I’m talking about…the soggy, overly sweetened, mayo coleslaw. This is not that kind of coleslaw.
This is tangy and crunchy and bursting with flavor. This coleslaw was made for fish tacos and pulled pork or even a fancy burrito bowl. It tastes as bright as it looks and I’m excited for you to try it!
- ½ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ c red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded carrots
- 3-4 Tbls sesame seeds
- 2 Tbls fresh cilantro
- ¼ c rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (I used half and half)
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 Tbls honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp celery salt (or celery seed + salt)
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbls fresh squeezed orange juice
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, onion, carrots, sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, celery salt, pepper, mustard and orange juice.
- Coat cabbage with dressing and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.