No fancy name needed for this super simple weeknight pasta dish.
Right now I really need super simple in my life. We are one month in of our new normal – 3 kids, 2 parents. I have to say things are going better than I thought in some ways (i.e. we have a really good baby who sleeps well and only cries when he’s hungry). But they are harder than I imagined also (i.e. our two year old is having a hard time adjusting or maybe is just a really hard age). At any rate, our days are full even if just getting sho wered is all I get accomplished in one day. Needless to say I feel like I will never get a chance to be creative in the kitchen and take a picture to prove it. ?
I am keeping things very simple in the kitchen but that doesn’t have to be a negative thing. For example this tomato and basil spaghetti is as basic as it gets but it is packed with flavor. All it takes is roasting some cherry tomatoes with a little garlic and tossing them with pasta, whole milk mozzarella and fresh basil.
This happens to be one of Ryan’s favorite meals.
I just realized that if you follow my blog but not my Instagram account you would have missed my announcement of our newest family member.
Vincent Daniel was born Jan 5th and was 8 lbs 4 oz. He is so loved!!
- 3 c cherry tomato
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- salt/pepper (a generous sprinkling)
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c whole milk mozzarella, cut into chunks
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 Tbls butter (optional)
- 10 oz spaghetti pasta
- Place tomatoes and garlic on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a 400 F oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until tomatoes have blistered.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti until al dente. Reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water, drain spaghetti. Toss pasta, roasted tomatoes with all of the olive oil, cheeses and basil together in a large bowl. Add a little bit of pasta water if needed for the right consistency to the dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add butter if using. Serve immediately.