Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary. ❤
We are spending the night at home with big plans of putting the kids to bed early and renting a movie. Also there will be wine, stuffed mushrooms, sushi, and pizza because that’s how we roll.
The stuffed mushrooms are Ryan’s favorite, ok, obviously you got that from the title. So I’ll cut to the chase:
- these are simple
- these are savory
- these are rich
- these are a crowd pleaser
Make them if you move to a new house and want to make friends.😉 Make them if you have a bit of leftover bacon from breakfast because you don’t want to waste good bacon. And make them for the one you love on your anniversary. (insert the cheesiest emoji here) 😉
Ryan’s Favorite Stuffed Mushrooms
Use this recipe as a guide. The size of your mushrooms and how big of a stem they have will determine how far the filling goes.
- 12-16 oz white or baby bella mushrooms (stems removed)
- 2 pieces cooked, crisp bacon, diced
- 2 green onions (white and a little of the green stalk), diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 c panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place mushrooms on pan.
- In a small bowl combine bacon, onions, worchestershire, a little over half of the parmesan cheese, cream cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Fill mushrooms heaping full with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and then top with panko and additional black pepper.
- Spray finished mushrooms with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.