I should really call this:
Super Simple Rotisserie Style Chicken
I love the convenience of picking up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. The problem with it is, that I can’t choose an organic/antibiotic free chicken when I do this. Also they are expensive in my opinion.
That is why I LOVE this recipe. I buy bone-in, organic chicken thighs (which are much cheaper than chicken breasts). I drizzle with olive oil, season as I like and 45 min later…
This is fall off the bone, tender, juicy, flavorful chicken. It can be eaten as is. Served with pasta. Or my favorite, shredded to make chicken salad for an easy lunch.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- fresh thyme or rosemary (optional)
- Place thighs on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika to your liking.
- If using fresh herbs I place one sprig on top of each thigh.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until cooked through.