I wish I was better at prepping our dinners. I think since I stay home with our children, I figure I’ll have time during the day to get dinner started. Then the every day routine (or lack there of) takes over and soon it’s 4:30 or 5:00 and I have two hungry kids on my hands.
This dish was made for days like this. I mean, this dish is so easy and so satisfying! If I’m being really honest here, when I’m in a time crunch in the kitchen I pretend I’m on Top Chef and give myself a miniscule amount of time to get my veggies prepped.
With only 5 minutes on the clock, I must have peppers, onions & kielbasa chopped and ready for the skillet. 5 minutes are up – hands up, utensils down!”
(Picture me running to my basement to grab my SD card out of my computer so I can snag a picture before my time is up!)
And…this is why I have a food blog. 😉
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb beef kielbasa, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp savory leaves
- 2-3 Tbls fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add peppers, onions, kielbasa and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and savory leaves.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and parsley and cook a minute more.