If you read my blog you already know that I love making smoothies and we make them on a regular basis. I also really love a good, green juice to start out my day. I wish I had a fancy juicer but there is little room in my cupboards or my wallet for one right now and so I created this green juice with my blender. Ok, so technically this is a smoothie but the texture of it so thin and smooth that it tastes like juice to me.
Many times when I order a green juice from a local juice bar I have no problem drinking it even though I can admit it tastes a little “grassy”. My kids on the other hand need something sweet in order to drink their greens. I can’t blame them and that is why this recipe is a win-win for everyone.
Leafy spinach + cucumber + lemon + green apple + orange + mango + banana = the perfect start to the day. This drink is sweet, refreshing and the tastiest way to enjoy spinach in my opinion!
Note: you could turn this smoothie into ” official” juice by straining through a but milk bag if you’d like to
- Disclaimer: you will need a high-powered blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix to get this smoothie the texture of juice
- handful of baby spinach leaves (about 2 cups)
- 1-2" cucumber, sliced (you can use more but I started with a little to get our kids on board)
- sliver of lemon including the rind*
- 1 c mango or pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 c ice
- 2 c water
- ½ granny smith apple, cubed with peel on
- *I use a thin sliver of about a 1" piece of lemon. Since I use the rind a little goes a long way!
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.