Greek yogurt fruit salad is a favorite at this household. You can see why. ?
This is Lisa Leake’s recipe from “100 Days of Real Food” (one of my favorite cookbooks). I love this simple fruit salad because I can serve it at the end of the meal and is passes as dessert. It was also made to be served for a Sunday brunch. And today I put it together during nap time and then served it for an after school snack and Vaida thought she hit the jack pot. To recap: you can make this for any reason and it will taste delicious!
Yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and whatever fruit you’d like. Today I used pineapple, honey crisp (I highly recommend), strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Top it off with a little orange or lemon zest and all the bright flavors come to life.
Ok, one more picture because I couldn’t decide which one to post. Hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as we do!
- 4 c fruit, chopped in bite size pieces: I used honey crisp apples, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and pineapple
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- zest of half an orange
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, syrup, vanilla and orange zest.
- In a large bowl combine fruit and pour yogurt over it.
- Gently fold together being careful not to crush berries.
- Serve immediately or within the next few hours for best results.