Let’s cut to the chase.
It’s spring. There’s asparagus. And there’s garlic & bacon asparagus with parmesan cheese.
If you aren’t an asparagus fan this may convert you. Truthfully, I was hoping this would convert my kids but no luck. They did eagerly try it though because, well, bacon.
What I love about this recipe is that it only takes about 10 minutes to put together! The asparagus is sautéed for only 3 minutes which leaves them tender and crisp and oh so springy! 🌱
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced (white and green parts)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus
- 1-2 Tbls shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and wipe out pan. (You can leave some bacon grease if you'd like a stronger bacon flavor.)
- Cut asparagus on the bias into 2" pieces.
- Add olive oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, green onion, salt and pepper. Sauté and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with crisp bacon and parmesan cheese.