I hesitated to share this recipe with you because I am assuming almost everyone reading this already knows how to make these delicious fries.
But maybe, just maybe, I could introduce someone to the wonder and magic of taking a boring, plain sweet potato (or yam) and with a drizzle of olive oil and some basic salt and pepper, turn it into this:
We like ours slightly crisp but still soft enough to melt in your mouth. These are by far my favorite way to use sweet potatoes and my family loves them too. We literally have them at least twice a week!!
Please note: it took awhile for my family to think these sweet potatoes where awesome. With all things, it can take introducing a different food several times. I think I made these on a regular basis for over a year until Ryan decided he loved them!!
?Oliver is into EVERYTHING and always ruining my photo shoots and then when he is asleep and I go through my pictures I see his little hand and think, “oh isn’t he the sweetest!”
- Sweet potato or yam (I usually do 1 or 2 for my family)
- Olive oil (about 2 Tbls)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Peel potatoes and cut into uniform fries. Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes flipping after they have baked ¾ of the way.
- Baking time will really depend on how thick your fries are so watch carefully. I do not like to flip them too soon or they will be too soft and fall apart.