I love oatmeal. Regular stovetop, overnight oats, muesli, etc. But baked oatmeal is my favorite way to enjoy oats in the morning. I love the texture the oatmeal takes on when it soaks over night and then bakes in the morning. I love putting in the oven and drinking a cup of coffee while I wait for it to bake, making the house smell of warm cinnamon. I love that it is easy for Oliver to scoop himself without making a huge mess. And I even love how good the leftovers taste the next day. So yeah, I guess you could say I’m a big fan of baked oatmeal.
I could try to convince you that baked oatmeal is something you should be making for your family too or I could just show you another picture like this…
It’s banana bread meets oatmeal and I think your family will approve!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 c rolled oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2½ c whole milk
- 3 Tbls pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Blueberries (for topping)
- Sliced almonds (for topping)
- The night before you are going to bake, mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish and pour oatmeal mixture into dish.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes.
- Top with fresh blueberries and sliced almonds if desired.