I am not really a peanut butter person. You either love it in cookies, icecream treats, on pancakes, etc… or you don’t. I fall into the non-lover category for the most part.
But these almond-peanut butter cups are the exception. I currently have a large stash in my freezer and I am one happy mama. See, the days get long, kids
can be are exhausting, and my husband travels a lot for work. But at any given moment, when I need a decadent bite of nut butter-chocolatey perfection, I just reach into my freezer and pull out one of these babies.
And all is right in my world.
With healthy fats, a bit of honey and dark chocolate they are a guilt-free dessert that are down right healthy! 😉
- ½ c almond butter
- ½ c peanut butter
- ½ c finely shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 Tbls honey
- 5 oz good quality dark chocolate
- 2 oz good quality milk chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a microwave safe bowl combine nut butters + coconut + 1 Tbls coconut oil + honey. Microwave for 45 seconds or until everything can be stirred together smoothly. Divide into mini or regular size muffin cups. (silicone muffin cups work great; pictured are ones I made using my silicone ice cube tray) Fill the cups about ⅓ of the way full.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil. Microwave to melt chocolate and spoon/pour on top of almond-peanut butter cups
- Store in freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes or so before enjoying.