I’ll set the scene for you:
It’s Sunday night, we’ve had a wonderful spring weekend, and now it is almost 9 pm and the kids are sleeping (and the house is picked up, bonus)! You could say it is the best part of the day. ?
I sit down to do some meal planning for the week ahead, when it dawns on me, “Hello, you have a food blog you need to update.”
Yeah, I somehow forgot about it this weekend. Luckily, we did eat a lot of yummy food the past few days . (Including coleslaw with a hint of Franks hot sauce…insanely good!) The bummer, is that I never wrote anything down.
There is good news, however, because I was craving chocolate and I had about 5 minutes left of daylight. The obvious choice was a brownie in the microwave. This is a super indulgent, mini, molten lava cake that is full of rich, gooey, dark chocolate goodness.
It is the perfect dessert to curl up on the couch with and cap off a great weekend.
(Yes, that is me in my comfy coral pjs. As for the lighting, it is pretty terrible but I literally was racing against the sun setting. You will have to trust me when I say this is worth getting off the couch to whip up.)
- 2 Tbls coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 Tbls water
- splash of vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbls pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tbls whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 Tbls semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a coffee mug, melt coconut oil.
- Add water, vanilla, salt and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Microwave for 60 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes.